ONTARIO PROVINCIAL POLICE
Members of the OPP Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) attached to the Southern Georgian Bay OPP detachment executed a residential search warrant at a Sixth Street Midland home after the arrest of the occupants in Tay Township on Friday, May 1, 2020.
The (CSCU) officers were also assisted by detachment uniform and Crime Unit members as well as OPP Central Region K-9, OPP Central Region Emergency Response Team (ERT), OPP General Headquarters Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU) officers in this investigation resulting in the following property seizure:
- $32,610 of Canadian currency
- a quantity of Cocaine
- a quantity of Oxycodone tablets
- a 12 gauge shotgun and a loaded .22 calibre semi automatic rifle
- Various drug trafficking paraphernalia
Investigators also seized a 2017 Dodge Ram 2500 pickup truck as offence related property.
Charged jointly with the following offences in relation to the search warrant investigation are Matthew Edward Orton, 33-years-old of Midland and Erin Lynn Bergie, 28-years-old, also of Midland:
- Possession of Cocaine for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Oxycodone
Contrary to the Controlled Drug and Substances Act
- Possession of Property obtained by Crime over $5000
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm (two counts)
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized (two counts)
- Careless Storage of a Firearm (two counts)
Contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
The accused persons were both released from police custody on a recognizance to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Midland on August 6, 2020.
Anyone who may have further information about this incident or involved persons is asked to contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122, email@example.com or by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). You can submit your information online at www.p3tips.com. Crime Stoppers does not subscribe to call display and you will remain anonymous. Being anonymous, you will not testify in court and your information may lead to a cash reward of up to $2,000.00. You can follow Crime Stoppers of Simcoe Dufferin Muskoka www.crimestopperssdm.com on Twitter or Facebook.