A 52-year-old Orillia man was arrested Friday by Bracebridge Ontario Provincial Police for driving the wrong way on Highway 11.
OPP said in a news release they received numerous calls reporting a pick-up truck was driving the wrong way near Stephenson Road 1 in Bracebridge. Concerned members of the public all reported the vehicle nearly caused multiple head on collisions, including one with police.
Police stopped the suspect vehicle around 7:30 p.m., adding in the release that there were no injuries as a result of the incident. Subsequent to an investigation, police charged Garret Allison with:
- Operation while impaired CC 320.14(1)(a)
- Operation while impaired CC 320.14(1)(b)
- Dangerous operation CC 320.13(1)
- Obstruct peace officer CC 129(a)
- Failure ore refusal to comply with demand CC 320.15(1)
- Mischief CC 430(1)(c)
- Drive wrong way-divided highway HTA 156(1)(a)
- Fail to stop for police HTA 216(1)
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Bracebridge on April 25, 2023 to answer to the charges.