Public Health Ontario reported 486 new COVID cases today.
The latest updates noted 517 recoveries and five deaths that have occurred in the last month.
The Oct. 16 updates provided by the province's public health agency and the ministry of health also reported the following data:
- 3,938 active, lab-confirmed cases, down from 3,974 yesterday.
- 242 people are hospitalized with COVID-19.
- There are 135 COVID-positive patients in the ICU plus another 29 patients no longer testing positive for COVID-19.
- There are 83 COVID-positive patients on ventilators and another 20 patients on ventilators no longer testing positive for COVID.
- 10,815,108 Ontarians have been fully vaccinated
- The new cases reported today include 282 unvaccinated people, 22 partially vaccinated people, and 157 fully vaccinated people. Saturday's report includes 25 people whose vaccination status is not known
- There are 76 unvaccinated, three partially vaccinated, and 18 fully vaccinated COVID-19 patients in intensive care units.
- There are 100 unvaccinated, eight partially vaccinated, and 31 fully vaccinated COVID-19 patients hospitalized but not in the ICU.
- The province reported 32,626 tests were processed yesterday, resulting in a 1.7 per cent positivity rate.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 594,419 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 580,667 recoveries and 9,814 deaths.
For more on the province's breakdown of vaccination status, click here.