There are five new COVID-19 cases being reported in schools across Simcoe County today.
Currently, there are 37 total active COVID-19 cases being reported by local school boards at Simcoe County schools as of 4 p.m. on Oct. 15.
Sister Catherine Donnelly Catholic School, Algonquin Ridge Elementary School and Innisdale Secondary School, all in Barrie, are reporting one new case each today. No classrooms have been closed at any of the three schools in regards to those cases.
There are two new cases being reported at Holy Cross Catholic School in Innisfil today, with one new classroom closed. This adds to three cases and three closed classrooms previously reported at the school.
According to the Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board, there are currently 34 active cases spread across 11 schools:
- Five cases at Holy Cross Catholic School in Innisfil with four classrooms closed
- Sister Catherine Donnelly Catholic School in Barrie is reporting one case
- Two cases at St. Bernadette Catholic School in Barrie, with two classroom closures
- One case at St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School in Barrie
- 17 cases at St. Marie of the Incarnation Catholic School in Bradford, with six classrooms closed
- One case at St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School in Bradford, with one classroom closed
- One case and two classroom closures at Holy Trinity Catholic High School in Bradford
- One case at St. Joan of Arc Catholic High School in Barrie
- One cases at St. Peter's Catholic Secondary School in Barrie, two classroom closures
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Secondary School in Tottenham is reporting one case, with two classrooms closed
- Three cases and five classroom closures at St. Joseph's Catholic High School in Barrie
The health unit declared a COVID-19 outbreak at St. Marie of the Incarnation on Oct. 1, which is still active. While there are currently 18 active cases at the school, there have been 21 total reported by the health unit since the outbreak was declared.
At the Simcoe County District School Board, they are currently reporting three active cases spread across three schools:
- Ardagh Bluffs Public School in Barrie has one case, and one classroom closure
- Algonquin Ridge Elementary School has one new case
- Innisdale Secondary School in Barrie is also reporting a new case
An outbreak was declared by the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit at Orchard Park Elementary School in Orillia on Oct. 5, and at W.C. Little Elementary School on Sept. 28, and are both still listed as active by the health unit.